In this Pre Lab Pro review, I will be looking at the ingredients and claims made by the manufacturer, to check whether this pre workout supplement is best for your needs.
Pre workouts nowadays are riddled with all sorts of nasty ingredients and additives. They may actually do the job and prove the claims, but what they can do to your body after you’re done with them should always be considered.
Given today’s super health conscious times, and always rising costs of healthcare, people can’t be too safe with what they take. Creating clean and high quality supplements should be the bare minimum, and that’s what Opti Nutra wants their consumers to have with Pre Lab Pro.
Pre Lab Pro is claimed to help boost your energy levels, provide an after burn effect on fat, and restore your body’s natural mental and physical balance as soon as you’re done working out.
Opti Nutra is one of the most popular supplement companies in the world, and they do have a clean track record when it comes to producing high quality, premium products. Is Pre Lab Pro just as well-researched and designed as their other products, or will Pre Lab Pro be a disappointing part of the family?
Read my Pre Lab Pro Review to find out.
Pre Lab Pro pre workout at a glance
- Premium ingredients
- Reduced stimulant side effects
- Clean pumps and energy boost
- Premium formula means premium price tag
- Compromised dosage for the “clean” energy
What is Pre Lab Pro?
Pre Lab Pro is described as a pre workout that can “unleash human beast mode.” The website says it can help you crush your workout with a powerful blood flow boost. The product is also advertised to have an after-burner effect, which is brought about by the second surge of nitric oxide, which I assume comes from the Red Beet Powder.
Is Pre Lab Pro safe to take?
Pre Lab Pro is formulated by Opti Nutra, a company known to go out of its way to make sure each and every product it produces meets the highest standards of safety. They’re not known to have a bad track record when it comes to side effects, but there’s always a small possibility that your body may not have a good reaction to the formula.
Disclaimer: Always check with your doctor before trying this out. If you feel something that doesn’t feel right, stop taking immediately and seek professional help.
Pre Lab Pro pre workout ingredients
One look at Pre Lab Pro’s formula, and you’ll be greeted by a barrage of premium and branded ingredients. It’s no surprise to me, though; it’s just how Opti Nutra does things. I’ve reviewed more than a handful of Opti Nutra products before, so I knew full well what to expect from Pre Lab Pro on the get-go.
Let’s check out what’s inside Pre Lab Pro.
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin D
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Vitamin B6
- Folate (Vitamin B9)
- Vitamin B12
Each and every single one of the vitamins and minerals on this list came from a brand called NutriGenesis.
NutriGenesis is Performance Lab’s very own line of customized nutrients that they claim to be highly bioavailable. Bioavailability is a concern in the supplement industry for two key reasons:
- Foods are becoming less nutrient dense due to various agricultural practices over the last hundred years. Basically, the same carrot 50 years ago would hypothetically be more nutritious than the same carrot we have today. If the nutrient content is depleted, the best thing we can do is to either take more or to improve absorption, which brings us to #2.
- Nutrients in supplements aren’t always absorbed. This is due to how nutrients need to “survive” our gastric juices first, and this part is tricky since not all nutrients are created equal. This made companies either double or triple the dosages of their nutrients (hence, why you always see vitamins going over 100% DV) or put bioavailability enhancers like black pepper. In the case of Pre Lab Pro, they enhance the bioavailability of their nutrients, so they pass through our gut and go to where our body needs them to be.
Apart from the fancy nutrient forms, there’s nothing really different going on here, so on to the key ingredients.
- Natural Caffeine (from Coffea robusta seeds): Synthetic caffeine, also known as caffeine anhydrous, hits hard and fast. The problem is, it also makes us jittery and causes crashes. Natural caffeine is still caffeine, except it has a slower release, allowing the brain to properly metabolize it in small increments, which can lead to longer sustained energy.
- Theanine (as Suntheanine): Theanine is a nootropic known to enhance mood and reduce stress. In this formula, it’s likely to improve cognitive function as well as to act as a buffer to its caffeine content. 
- Tyrosine (as Ajipure): Tyrosine is a focus enhancer, and with all the things distracting us nowadays, we need all the focus we can get.
- Citrulline (Kyowa Quality), Glutathione (Setria) (as Setria Performance Blend): This blend seems to be a combination of performance enhancer and antioxidant repair. I don’t know why they decided to combine the two, since you can put them separately and still work, but I’m glad it’s here anyway. The dose is a bit on the low side, though, especially since Citrulline needs more than a few grams to be considered viable in any pre workout. 
Red Beet Powder (as RedNite): This is an accessory to the pump boost citrulline provides. It’s natural and one of the newest ingredients on the block relative to what we have in the industry.
Pre Lab Pro nutrition facts
From the label on a single bottle of Pre Lab Pro Natural Berry flavour, the following nutritional facts can be seen as follows:
Why does Pre Lab Pro® use RednNite® Beetroot Powder?
- RedNite® is the World’s first research-backed beetroot powder standardized for nitrates.
- Standardized to 1.5% to 2.75% natural nitrate, plus betalains & polyphenols.
- Highly concentrated, 25X more nitrate and 10X greater antioxidants than beetroot.
- Super fresh; RedNite® beetroot is processed within 24 hours of harvest.
- Clinically shown to improve muscle force efficiency, especially during fatigue.
- Clinically shown to help stamina; reduces oxygen consumption without impacting heart rate.
How to Take Pre Lab Pro
From the manufacturers website they recommend:
Suggested Use: Take 1 Scoop 30 minutes before exercise. May be double-dosed (2 scoops) to increase potency if desired. Do not take more than 2 scoops in a 24-hour period.
Where to buy Pre Lab Pro
You can only buy Pre Lab Pro direct from the manufacturer’s website with the following options available:
Pro Lab Pro Options and Prices
- 1-Month Supply: £39.00
- 2-Month Supply: £78.00
- 3-Month Supply + 1 Free: £117.00
My Verdict on Pre Lab Pro
Pre Lab Pro is produced by the same experts behind favourites such as Mind Lab Pro and Burn Lab Pro. As with Opti Nutra’s other products, Pre Lab Pro is also made with premium ingredients backed with the kind of research you’d pay good money for. It’s standard for Opti Nutra to produce supplements like Pre Lab Pro, and other companies should strive to have the same mindset.
My only gripe for Pre Lab Pro is the really modest dosage and serving size for the price you get. Sure, the product itself is fancy and definitely has the names to prove the price tag, but I can’t help but feel like I can buy one bottle and a half’s worth of pre workout with the price Pre Lab Pro is set at.
Then, we also have the recommendation to double the dose, which is their company simply being aware that their dose is low for most users.
Even if the servings per scoop is pricey, Pre Lab Pro is still premium and works without any unforeseen or awful side effects you would usually get from cheaper, unknown brands. If you don’t mind spending more than a few bucks per bottle, Pre Lab Pro is a good choice.
Burn Lab Pro FAQs
How quickly does Pre Lab Pro work?
They don’t explicitly mention how fast their product works, but on their website, they said it enhances training performance after the first use, and the effects are more noticeable the more you use them. So basically, it may not feel like it’s working right away, but it is.
Who should not take Pre Lab Pro?
They don’t recommend this product to pregnant or nursing women, and people with major health problems.
I also think Pre Lab Pro isn’t for those who are used to high levels of stimulation after taking a pre workout, or those who want to feel super pumped. It’s simply not that kind of pre workout.
- Hidese S, Ogawa S, Ota M, et al. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019;11(10):2362. Published 2019 Oct 3. doi:10.3390/nu11102362 [Last visited June 22 2021]
- Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215-22. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181cb28e0. PMID: 20386132. [Last visited June 22 2021]