Does PhenQ Fat Burner have any real substance to their fat burning formula? Read our PhenQ review to find out.
Much of the supplement industry thrives on one goal and that is weight loss. If people weren’t keen on losing weight in the first place, people wouldn’t have bothered becoming a gym member or dieting, and the supplement industry would be producing an endless supply of rebranded multivitamins and minerals.
And because weight loss is the ultimate goal of a lot of people, it was only natural to see fat burners being advertised left and right either in supermarkets or the vast infinity of the internet. However, not all fat burners are created equal, and PhenQ Fat Burner wants you to know that they’re a cut above the rest.
PhenQ at a Glance
- Qua Bioavailable forms of ingredients
- α-Lacy for fat oxidation and efficient fat burning
- 100% vegetarian and vegan ingredients
- No extreme dosing
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Expensive compare to others available
- Only available on their website
Overall7 of 10
The focus behind the PhenQ Fat Burner formula is around the idea of enhancing energy metabolism. This means the formula is designed not to stimulate directly, but to make the body burn body fat to energise users.
Let’s check out what’s inside PhenQ.
- Calcium Carbonate: One look and you’d think what PhenQ Fat Burner has here is a fluff ingredient meant to make the tablet feel heavy. While that may be one of its functions, recent research suggests that it could have minimal benefits for weight loss, but the long term effects are poised to be much more beneficial. However, this is still a pretty bad fat burner regardless of whether you take it for short or long term.
- Chromium as chromium picolinate: An amazing weight loss ingredient that works on our appetite. Even better, Chromium is known to be functional in tiny doses that allows it to be literally added in virtually any supplement without causing a dose imbalance for the rest of the formula.
- L-Carnitine Fumarate: L-Carnitine is one of the most popular fat burners today, and its popularity peaked in the early 2000’s, as just about every “health” food and beverage out there tried to cash in on the hype by including L-Carnitine in their formulas. It works by funneling fatty acids into our cells’ mitochondria to be used as energy. This process is known as beta oxidation.
Caffeine Anhydrous: You either love it or hate it, caffeine’s stimulatory perks combined with a bit of fat burning is too hard to resist for many fat burning brands. We have 150 mg of caffeine, and it’s around 1.5 cups of brewed coffee. If you’re a coffee lover, this shouldn’t faze you, but if you have issues with stimulants in general, the 150 mg could be the difference between a good night’s sleep and being unable to sleep at 2 am.
Nopal cactus fiber: This is a type of fiber, and fibers in general help us curb our appetite and delay the onset of hunger. The science is, the less time you think about wanting to eat, the less likely you are to actually eat.
Capsimax Plus Blend
- Caffeine anhydrous, capsimax capsicum fruit extract (2% capsaicinoids), Niacin, Black Pepper fruit extract (50% piperine): This is a blend, so we’re not privy with the actual dosage of each ingredient, but we’re nonetheless amazed at how they managed to sneak this blend inside a tablet. Capsimax is a premium form of cayenne meant to induce thermogenesis, and it’s mixed with caffeine and concentrated black pepper for max absorption.
- α-Lacy’s Reset (a synergistic combination of alpha-lipoic acid and L-cysteine): α-Lacys Reset is fairly new (or rare) in the fat burning industry, but the science around ALA and L-Cysteine aren’t. ALA in particular has been noted to promote lean muscle retention when people are actively trying to lose weight with dieting.
PhenQ Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredient||Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calcium Carbonate||625 mg||*|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||150 mg||*|
|L-Carnitine Fumarate||142.5 mg||*|
|Magnesium Stearate (veg. derived)||10 mg||*|
|Capsicum Extract||8 mg||*|
|Sipernat 225 (silicon dioxide)||5 mg||*|
|Niacin Powder||4.5 mg||*|
|Piperine Extract||3 mg||*|
|Chromium Picolinate||80 mcg||*|
|* Daily Value not established|
How to take PhenQ
From the manufacturers website they recommend to take one tablet with breakfast, and one tablet with lunch.
Where to buy PhenQ Pro
You can only buy PhenQ direct from the manufacturers website with the following options available:
Options and Prices
- 1 BOTTLE: £45.95
- 2 BOTTLES + 1 FREE: £91.90
- 3 BOTTLES + 2 FREE + FREE ADVANA CLEANSE: £129.95
All options come with FREE UK next day delivery. Just order before 1pm.
Our Verdict on PhenQ
PhenQ Fat Burner is a simple, focused fat burner. With the exception of caffeine, PhenQ Fat Burner puts emphasis on a non-extreme form of fat burning through the use of ingredients that aren’t meant to stimulate as much as they are to make the body stimulate itself. Essentially, PhenQ Fat Burner wants your body to burn fat on its own rather than to have it rely on a supplement to get things started, and we think that’s a good thing.
So many fat burners nowadays rely too much on stimulants and controversial ingredients that users end up building tolerance to them after a few months of taking them. At the very least, we think PhenQ Fat Burner isn’t habit-forming.
The only things we really don’t like with PhenQ Fat Burner is the rather modest burn it gives despite having the price tag of a formula chock full of premium extracts and antioxidants. Regardless, we think PhenQ Fat Burner is a good start if you can spare the cash.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PhenQ?
PhenQ is a fat burner designed to help the body burn more fat instead of having it trigger the process. So essentially, PhenQ Fat Burner only works if the user is helping it work.
Where can you buy PhenQ?
PhenQ is currently only available to buy on their official PhenQ website.
Is PhenQ safe to take?
PhenQ makes use of common ingredients not known to have that much of a side effect except caffeine. Caffeine could be a potential source of side effects, but the 150 mg dose should be within “manageable” levels.
How quickly does PhenQ work?
There’s no real info about how quickly PhenQ takes to work on the manufacturers website, but the stimulatory effects of caffeine should start kicking in within the next hour after taking the tablet
Who should not take PhenQ?
According to the manufacturer’s website, pregnant and breastfeeding women and those under 18 years of age should avoid taking PhenQ. If you are currently taking any prescription medication or you have any pre-existing medical condition, you should consult your medical health professional before taking PhenQ.